What To Ask
When you call to make your first appointment with your physician you may want to ask these questions:
- Where exactly is the office (including floor, room, or suite number)?
- Where should I park?
- At what time should I arrive for my appointment?
- Do I need to bring any personal information to my first appointment?
- What is my physician's full name and title?
- What is the cancellation policy for appointments?
- Does my physician accept my insurance plan?
- Will the office bill my insurance company, and what am I expected to pay at the time of my appointment?
- What medical records do I need to bring with me (diagnostic reports, surgical reports, notes from my referring physician, etc.)?